Here are the rules:
A) The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
B) Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
C) At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1) Ten years ago I was…
A little sad about some things that don't weigh me down anymore
2) Five things on today’s to-do list:
- Organize my to-do list!
- Pre-cook a few meals for the week ahead
- Deal with our mouse infestation by putting out humane traps
- Pull weeds and plant sunflowers in the yard
- Spring cleaning
3) Things I’d do if I were a billionaire:
Donate most of it, I think. Does an individual person ever, ever have personal use for more than a few million dollars? I think I would set up a research/lobbying foundation for political issues I care about, including significant funds for education and scholarship awards.
"Just me" use -- travel and learn how to be a real photographer. If I could actually travel, maybe some of that photography could deal with political issues too.
4) Three bad habits:
- Getting my hands messy while cooking and then touching all of the door knobs and handles in the kitchen. This will one day send Greg over the edge.
- Accidentally derailing conversation topics, because I'm occasionally a space cadet like that
- Setting potentially unrealistic work deadlines for myself; getting burned out; taking it easy for a little bit; realizing that slowing down let the work pile up; frantically doing things I should have done a while ago. Repeat. And repeat. And... yeah, repeat.
5) Five places I’ve lived:
- Toledo, Ohio
- Phoenix, Arizona
- East Rock, New Haven CT
- Wooster Square, New Haven CT
- Downtown, New Haven CT
(do three places in New Haven count?)
6) Six jobs I’ve had in my life:
Other than 6 years of lab research!
- SAT and math tutor
- Cataloging chemical names and MSDS lists for a lab at ASU
- Picking up dog poop at a kennel facility at a vet hospital
- Secretary at a small company
- Summer outreach camp for middle school girls in engineering
- TA, TA, TA, TA, TA, TA, TA, TA (yes, times 8, and this year is THE LAST YEAR)
7) Tag 5 other people
Goodness, I don't think five people even read this blog right now. Plus I can't tag Liz because she tagged me : D